What we Believe
1. We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God; that it is truth without any mixture of error. By inspiration we mean the books of the Bible were written by holy men of old, as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21). We are fundamental and Bible-believing. We believe the King James Bible is the preserved and inspired Word of God for the English speaking people.
2. We believe there is one and only one living and true God, infinite and intelligent, and all-powerful. He is the maker and supreme ruler of the universe, existing in three persons.
3. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father and Son. He guides believers into all truth, and convicts sinners of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
4. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ to be the eternal Son of God who is our mediator at the Father’s right hand. He was virgin born, lived a sinless life, and rose from the grave according to the Scriptures. He died on the cross and bore our sins, accomplishing our redemption. He bodily ascended after His resurrection. We believe in His personal, pre-millennial, pre-tribulational return.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but by choice, he fell into sin and death; therefore, every person inherits a sinful nature and needs salvation.
6. We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again. It is not a process, but instantaneous. It is wholly of grace, and if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. II Cor. 5:17
7. We believe that once saved, the believer is kept eternally by God’s power and is secure forever.
8. We believe that the church is a congregation of local baptized believers, practicing New Testament principles and doctrine, observing the ordinances, and exercising autonomy. We believe the local church is responsible for getting the gospel to the world.
9. We believe in the eternal blessedness of the saved in heaven, and in the eternal punishment of the lost in hell.